Guest posting is now one of the popular trends for Link exchange. As Google likes your links in other web pages, so you need to gather as many as possible. As an SEO expert I do not need to remind you how to make guest posts. But what I need to inform is the way to mail for these guest posts.
You have keywords (let us take for example “mobile broadband”) and a relevant article/blog in your disposal, your job is to ask for web masters and gain their confidence so that they post your blog to their site. Often SEO experts overlook the benefits of a good mail in this regard. Their mails are more mechanical and bereft of any emotions. When you are writing a mail you should not think yourself as an SEO expert, rather think in the lines of a content writer.
I run a personal blog site and I would not like to let someone use my blog site for free for some other company’s promotion. So, if someone mails me and asks permission to post their blog on my website my obvious question would be – “WHAT’S IN IT FOR ME?” Thus comes the scenario of paying for your guest posts, which is not ideal. So keep the following information in mind while writing a request mail for Guest blog posting:
- Introduction: Content writers are a sentimental lot. There is a sense of brotherhood within the global content writers. They like to know that their work is being read and appreciated by another content writer. So, you may start by saying how you were searching for information on “mobile broadband” and you stumbled upon the blog site. Further, tell them how you liked the blogs. You may just take a glance through their website for this sake. Put in the headings of their two most popular posts. Tell them how helpful their website is.
- Form a Bond: Now reveal your credentials. Tell them that you are a freelance content writer and happen to own a website in the same niche (provide the client’s website link here). You are very impressed and as a content writer to another you would like to HELP the webmaster make his/her site even better.
- Helpful Approach: How would you help the webmaster? Tell him/her that you love writing about the mobile broadband. You would like to help the webmaster by writing guest blogs that would entice more readers to the website. Reveal to the webmaster that you have been writing relevant articles for many years now.
- Bargain: All your articles would be free of any charges. But in exchange you would just require a small favour. It would be great if the webmaster could include your link in the article body or the resource box.
- Assure: Give him/her a final assurance that the articles will be 100% unique and they will be checked by a reputed plagiarism checker.
Finally, show the urge to get associated with the website on a long term. If such an approach is maintained you will not only get more affirmative mails but form many relationships too.